Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Why do I make things harder for myself?

For my East Asian History class, we were required to find a news article and then make an essay on the background of the article. Some people found some pretty neat subjects to talk about, from Tibet/Chinese problems to the international trading of chopsticks. I decided to do my article on the new Japanese Prime Minister and decided to do my research subject on Japanese nationalism. How am I doing? Well just look at this:



Four hardcore books there! I also have a e-book, 3 multipage articles (including one that is 18 pages), and a gale reference source. Yeah, Japanese nationalism is a pretty freaking huge topic apperantly. And its not just "the Emperor is descended from the Sun Godess!" either! I have to research confuniacism, imperialism, fascism, kokugaku, and some stupid dog. With this, my MUN thing (which is another issue), History Club (ASFAFASF), and college issues; November is going to be a miserable month.


Oh, and here is evidence number 342972394 that Capitalism doesn't work:



This 300 page book is worth $50 on amazon. Yeah, 50 smack-a-roos. Why? Only Dr. Pyle knows (maybe I'll ask him in person when I transfer to UW, since he teaches there).

2 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Dani Satow said...

That is horrid!!! Do try to take care when going to and from school! Your bag might fall over from the weight!! X(

Poor boy, cannot you see that the 50 dollar book is actually a time traveling device, which doubles as a magical shield? Naturally it is used so you can get ahead in history class, and to protect you against those scary people of the past. You know, a lot of them had swords. Doesn't fricken matter where you go, they just all had swords!!

Egads... I hope you are doing alright as history club president...

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Problem with going back in History is that I change it to much. If I'm not careful, I can end up like Fry and end up being my own grandfather.

History Club sucks. We got things going on, but the attendance is terrible. We need a new less sucky President.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home